Thursday, August 12, 2010

Wedding Weekend Part 2 - My Family

5 years ago was the rehersal & dinner.  I've been so blessed to have a wonder and fun family.  They love Brian (more than me most days) and know how to have a good time.  Thus, most awesome wedding weekend ever.  But we'll get to the party later...


Isn't my mom cute?  And isn't Amy's face awesome?  My mom kept the whole family & friend group laughing and having a great time at the rehersal dinner.  She's a great story teller and quite the entertainer!

Dad made mom do her hair down and more normal.  She was actually not to happy about that, but aren't they good looking parents?  Loving and supportive (and freakin smart) too! 


My dad and I danced to an R&B remix.  You just have to be careful that "I'm too sexy" doesn't come over the speakers (as a cousin learned the hard way) -  my dad will own the dance floor!!  He and Brian are like 2 peas in a pod, and I think he was so happy I married Brian and he could have 2 awesome sons.


Siblings always have a special bond.  The person that you spent the most time with while growing up, that you have a ton of inside jokes with, house a crap ton of memories with.  Beyond that, and it drives everyone else in the family crazy, we will laugh without speaking.  He can say 3 words, I say 2 words and we are done.  And it's never consistant or makes any sense to anyone else, but we always can read where the other is going without actually saying it and have a great time joking around. 


I also have the most awesome grandparents and cousins.  Funny, loving and always there.  My grandparents to the left are hitting 50 years this December - amazing.  My cousins Becca & Matt are just fun to be around, and even willing to dance with my other Granny, who's not even related.  But what can I say, both mom & dad's side like to have a good time. 

It was great to have all the family in before the wedding for the rehersal dinner.  Good times with friends and family!

1 comment:

  1. Such a gorgeous bride! I'm so happy I got to be there that day. Love you!

    ReplyDelete