Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wedding Weekend Part 1 - My Girls

5 years ago tonight, we kicked off my wedding weekend with dinner, drinks and attempted dancing with the girls!  I married my best friend, but it's a great feeling when you best girl friends celebrate with you and stand by your side.  The last 5 years has taken us all in different directions, and I feel that I never get to see them or even talk with them; but we always just pick up and I know they would always be there for me in a time of need.   So here's a quick shout out to my girls!

I have known Amy since we were 2 and she was my MOH.  Through baby sitting co-op, girl scout troop 447, summer camp and other activities we became best friends when we finally went to the same school a few years of high school.  She is so fun to be around and always an honest voice when I need one.  She gave a great toast, and even shared her wine with my dress!

 
Melanie was one of my college roommates, and isn't just important to me but also Brian.  Super smart, blatantly honest and an excellent cook -- she was the perfect roommate and an awesome friend!


I met Allison when she hired me as an intern.  She has been a great mentor, both for career and for living life, and is a great example to follow on both accounts as well.  She took such good care of me that weekend (and always); I can't post them for decency reasons, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have gotten clothes on me that day without her.  She took total care of me, as she always has.  She is beautiful, smart and just wonderful.  She even took out her diamonds to not outshine me on my special day - and that was huge! 


Barbie and I met freshman year at A&M.  She gets me, like really gets me.  What's more, she married Josh who also gets me (most of the time).  And they now have 2 beautiful daughters that I adore.  I just wish they lived closer than 3 states away.


Naomi and Heather kept the ceremony flowing with beautiful music.  Naomi is a college friend for Brian & I, and Heather lived across the street and we have known each other basically our entire lives.

All have been there for me and I couldn't ask for better friends to have stood with me that weekend.  There were several other really close friends that came to celebrate with us that weekend, and I cherish those memories as well.  I love how life brings such wonderful people into our lives, and how the number of great girl friends continues to grows and how each one has a special place in my life.  I'm so blessed to have great people around me to share the good (and the bad) times. 

Here's to the great girls in my life!  Life wouldn't be the same without each of you!



1 comment: