Saturday, July 3, 2010

Jersey Shore

During my recent trip to NJ, I was able to visit the Jersey Shore!  It's a little chilly for this Texan, but very nice and I would have loved to just relaxed and watched the water for a while.


We also spent some time house hunting, and I think this is the one.  (by house hunting, I mean me in the back seat of the car on Zillow.com with my jaw on the floor)  I can't buy it, I'm just hoping someone I know will and let me come vacation there.  It's where the river meets the ocean (few miles up) and very peaceful.  You can boat out on the river, including water skiing, and just take a short drive down to the beach.  Plus this one is next to a dock & a great little burger dive.
This is the dock out in front of the house above.

Tim taught me how to eat Steamers!  And they were good!  (not sure why it's so red)
We also ate at a Japanese place that had this hot rock!  They brought out thin strips of beef, that we cooked on the hot rock!  It was an upgrade on fondue for sure!

And of course they took me to get peanut butter ice cream!  I'm not sure why Texans haven't gotten on this band wagon -- it is so good -- but I only seem to find it up north.  Vanilla ice cream with peanut butter swirled through it, hot fudge on top.  It's a little peice of heaven!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that last pic of you with the ice cream! It makes me miss you, boo. But luckily, I get to see you sooooon :)

    ReplyDelete