Sunday, May 23, 2010

Trash Can Issues


Dallas isn't know for being the windy city, and Chicago sure qualifies, but sometime I wonder if we should share the title, because it is WINDY here!  I don't mind my hair whipping around my face, but I do have issue with my trash cans always falling over.  At our last house the cans were always going over, and we had to pick up a LOT of trash down the side of the house and alley.  In the new house, they fall over straight into our neighbors fence - ouch!  So trash doesn't get out, but they are beating up that fence.  I don't spend a lot of time thinking about my trash cans, but I was pondering what we could do.  Pour a little slab, but that didn't work at the last house.  Build little cube's for them to fit into - ugly.  Pull them into our backyard - them my dogs would eat the trash.  Then it clicked: my grandma had given us the iron hose holder, and we didn't have a hose here yet, so it was just standing naked on the side of the house.  And it never fell over.  It could stand the winds.  It was feeling lonely and unproductive.  And it works!  We bought the other one (garden hanger) at Joanns.  Pottery Barn sells them as well.  Joanns was $12.99 plus 40% off coupon; PB runs them $10.  

Happy Trash Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment