Sunday, May 16, 2010

Taipei



I've recently returned from my 2nd trip to Asia.  I started in Taiwan, and really liked the scenery.  This picture above is the view from my hotel window; big city with mountains in the background. 

A shot from the highway looking back over a park area next to a river, the city buildings look so small up against the mountains. One of the ladies with us was telling me what a great place it was, because you could get to beaches or mountains so quickly. I still think I would prefer the Hong Kong version of mountains & beaches with big city, but this was nice too.




Driving through the city this was a normal site early morning and late evenings.  This is where you stop for morning coffee & breakfast, lunch break, and then dinner.  These little open to the street cafes (cafe doesn't really fit, but I don't have a word that does).  People in groups, the business man in a suit reading the paper, kids -- just like it was your neighborhood Starbucks.

More to come from the other area's as I work through all the photo's. 

No comments:

Post a Comment