Saturday, January 16, 2010

your so fine

For her NY's resolution, a co-worker dedicated to being more girly.  I got her a 4 pack of lip gloss for Christmas to support the cause, and we've had a couple chat's on girly things.  Right before Christmas I was debating changing how I wear my hair, and she motivated me to put out the effort. 

I normally wear my hair pulled back & twisted in a clip.  If it was a good day, I made sure to get the "Texas big hair poof" on the front.  Everyone likes the Texas Big Hair poof and I could do it naturally without using the Bumpits, cause I'm a Texas girl ya'll....

So I went to Ulta to get a new shampoo/conditioner/product regime.  I started with Paul Mitchell's Extra Body shampoo, rinse (fancy word for conditioner), hairspray and volumizing gel.  It works great when I want to wear it down.  Adds plenty of volume and holds for a good portion of the day.  But my hair wasn't as soft as I liked it to be.

Over the Christmas break I went to Beauty Brands and got my hair cut.  She washed my hair with Redken and it was soft, volumness and smelled good.  This last week Ulta had a liter sale on them, so I got the Redken Body Full shampoo and conditioner.  And Kendra shine serum.  Makes it super soft and manageable, but not as full.

Now I'm going back and forth each day and that seems to be okay.  Anybody have a better experience or recommendation?  It doesn't help that I have ulta fine hair and it doesn't hold body well at all.

I also picked up a set of the lip glosses for me - and they are yummy!  Ulta triple layer lip gloss.  They had a 4 pack gift around Christmas time, and last time I was in there they were marked down to $7.99!  Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment