Tuesday, June 28, 2011

NOLA - Eats

We just returned from a trip to New Orleans, with B's cousins. The plans for the trip revolved completely around eating and drinking.  This blog is dedicated to the OMG GOOD food of NOLA.

Our flights were early, and first stop is Cafe Du Monde. I can't think of anything more yummy than fried puffy pastry with powdered sugar. I loved Biegnets, as much as I love funnel cakes and sopilla's. Well maybe not as much as sopilla's, but they are up there! This place was always packed, but the lines moved fast, and was perfect for breakfast. In fact, we ate there 3 times!


 We also made our way down to Mothers for po boys.  We ordered 3 and shared between the 4 of us, and they were quite tasty.


 We did fancy places for dinner each night.  The first night we went to Brennan's.  The guys LOVED the steaks.  The onion soup was the best I have ever had. However, my Chicken Lavon tasted like Chicken and Waffles, which made the fine dining experience a little strange since I felt like I was in Waffle House! But yummy - who doesn't like chicken and waffles?
Mr. B's Bistro. Wow. We had trouble getting a reservation and I know why. I'd eat there twice a week if I was a local. 
They are famous for BBQ Shrimp, but they aren't grilled and they don't come in BBQ sauce.  They are cooked in a sauce that is like heaven in a bowl. I even took off my wedding ring for this event, and it is an event.

They come around and give you a bib and extra napkins.  The shrimp were huge, and GOOOOOOD! It was work, but so worth every bite. This will have to be a repeat experience!




No comments:

Post a Comment