Thursday, June 9, 2011

Mango Mint Mojito's!

I love refreshing drinks! But especially as summer kicks off, and the fruit is so good, I love fresh fruity drinks!

I got a little confused, thought I had a recipe at home for Mango Mint Mojitos!  And alas, I did not. I just started mixing, and I liked where I ended up!

3 oz Mojito Mix (I love Rosa's)
1-2 oz Rum (I just pour)
1-2 oz Mango, fresh, Pureed
Sprig of Fresh Mint, ground
Slice of lime, Squeezed
Shaken on Ice

I didn't add any sugar, but B thought it would be better with sugar.  I let the Mango be the sugar.

Have you ever peeled a Mango?  I saw this technique in a magazine, and thought it was brilliant.  Hold the mango up with a big meat fork, like a lollipop.  Cut slices in it, and peel like a banana!  Then you can cut the meat of it out pretty easy, avoiding the center.  I then put it in my Magic Bullet, and then into the drink.  

More to come!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy I read this and not just for the drink!! I have been dying to know an easier way to peel mangos!!! Thanks!! Hilarie

    ReplyDelete