Sunday, September 5, 2010

I'm embarrassed for you, Macys...

I got a fold out poster in the mail from Macy's that was an INC trend report.  I normally like to give these a look over, and then head in to restock my closet.  But at this one, I stopped and thought, surely not,. It was titled Camo Glam.  Camo belongs at Walmart and Cabelas.  This was disrespectful for the military; they actually made camo worse.  Then Brian and I are at Macy's today, and they have an entire floor set dedicated to Camo Glam.  OMG.  I know fall normally brings back the basics & neutrals, but I was really hoping for some navy & camel, black & plum, maybe a hint of dark turq to help transition.  But camo?  OD green? Yuck. 

Then I read the signs, and I had a great laugh.  Just read them and tell me what you think:
- Stand out in camo
- Military motifs and touches of shine add edge to ease
- jackets pull rank

Here's my thoughts: don't you wear camo to not stand out? On occasions when wearing camo is normal, are you at ease?  I would think I'd be more on edge with a gun in my hand, and more at ease with some sequins.  Last I checked, stars pull rank and everyone wears a jacket.  And INC doesn't believe in jackets, they believe in 2-fers.  And 2-fers is what I love about INC.  So quit with the crazy talk and just do what your good at - and give me the 2-fers! 

And I did break down and bought a 2-fer with camo.  As much as I don't like the trend, I would dislike being out of trend more. I seriously have a thing for 2-fers...

And we had a great trip overall.  Maybe you should go, you have tomorrow off and there are deals to be had! Tomorrow kicks off Estee Lauder's gift with purchase, so of course I visited Min (Willow Bend mall and she's awesome) and pre-placed my order so I can just swing by and pick it up.  Swim wear is on killer clearance.  Brian got a suit for $12 orig. $75, and I got a top & a bottom (miss-matched brands, but still matched good enough) for $24, orig $110.  We got another suit case for Hawaii and some fall clothes for both of us. 

Hope your enjoying your long weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment