Saturday, November 27, 2010

Purple Christmas


Have I told you recently how much I appreciate Obama?  Michelle Obama that is.  Last fall she wore a gorgeous purple dress to an event, and ever since purple has been the hot new color.  As a person who has always loved purple, I could not be happier!  Now that it is on trend, it has been much easier for me to get my purple fixes!  A lot of places are offering purple as an accent color this year in Christmas, but Michaels jumped both feet in - and I followed to the depths of purple Christmas tree.  I found the angle on top, and she set the mood for it all.  She has champagne glitter wings, light green ribbon accents on her dress and purple bouquet in her hand.  From there I added purple poinsettia's, purple butterflies, purple birds, purple ribbons, purple giant feathers, purple sequins, and purple ornaments - oh my!  It took me 3 hours in Michaels to dig through and gather all the purple I could handle - 2 carts full.  B thinks I'm a nut, but he always supports my "visions" and lets me have at it. 

I added a few touches of silver & champagne and light sage green, all against the dark of the pine green makes me one happy tree decorator!

We also wrapped the stairs in garland, then coordinating purple ribbon and added some picks that look like grapes to keep the theme. 


Then I made this for the dining room table.  I loved these crackled glass vases I found (also at Michaels), and added a strip of purple glitter ribbon to each.  The tall ones I also added a floral pick and tied it on with the green ribbon.  Wrapped the center in garland, added ribbon and more picks and dropped in the candles.  Really quick!  I also found dark purple chargers (too dark to show in pics) at Michaels to set the table, and think I will use more green ribbon for the napkin rings. 

Sweet purple heaven!


1 comment: